As, December arrives..!

Winter chill greets me,
the clear skies above I see.
In this afternoon, I am standing,
outside my home, staring.
This breeze as I say greets me,
It touches me within,
it sings enormous stories to me.
About last night, or this afternoon;
I have only glimpsed my past self,
in all those winter sped months,
of my childhood, I had seen.
I long to be that person again,
that I had been. 



















Then and there, in those days;
I had walked with passion, 
yes, it was about solace.
That, even today I stare aback,
there’s a lot that brings a smile,
a lot that wishes me well.
The blessings I receive,
yet again spring my life with glee.
It is then and there, I understand,
how beautiful had my childhood been.

My friends say, that I refer to the parks,
in the description of my childhood,
that has passed. Yes, dear friends,
I have cycled my way, in the footpaths,
of the parks, about which I talk and say,
I have spent hours sitting on the grass,
that made me wiser and accept the world
in every way. I had wished the elders
with a smile who walked while I played,
and were silent spectators of my game.

It’s about them, that the memories,
liven. It’s about them, that my eyes,
cheer. It’s about them, that I write,
again. A description of my past,
my childhood that I remember,
in this month of chill, this December.

Gagandeep

Comments

  1. I love the magical chill of December! You are a great poet.

    Hope you're enjoying your December, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Yeah, enjoying this month! Celebrations!! :) What about you?
      Thank you so much for your compliment, means a lot!! :)

      Delete
  2. Ah..my favourite month ...
    New to you blog and must say, loved what I read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! So sweet of you!! Thanks for visiting the blog! :D Glad to hear from you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)