Story of likeness and trust! Chapter-1

Story series starts. 

In about a month's time, every morning at 8 (I.S.T),  expect a new story from Artist Address. 
This story being published here, is the first chapter of a long narrative story written in April 2013. 
Your views shall be appreciated. Keep following Artist Address, and if you want to share your art work here, then feel free to communicate your ideas, by writing to Artist Address at, (modernite25@gmail.com).
The journey starts here.



1.

"I knew this girl from quite a time, but had seen her after ages. She was a distant relative to me and near my age. I met her on a marriage when I visited Rishikesh. It was a marriage of a close relative for me. She waved a hello and I replied in the similar tone."

The hills are a lot of fun and adventurous too. Ranging from the round abouts where every new road converges with one round about. We both shared this excitement while we entered a coach that was the first meet up between the two of us after a long-long time. She showed a lot of girly charm to offer me a seat in the front row before getting seated herself. I was pleased and asked her to take that seat, as I could take one in the next row. Consequently an old woman who was sitting on the seat adjacent to the one vacant, stood up weakly but her thoughts were very gentle. She winked it better to let us sit next to each other and made her way to the row at the back. I tried to resist her from doing so, but from her eyes it seemed almost certain that she had made up her mind. 

At first, we were aware about the duration of the bus journey, which was to be long. So, we found it convenient to share few memories that appeared in bits and pieces in mind's wakeful eye. From one marriage to the next, we had just caught each other's sight. Now we were old enough to share thoughts and exchange news about each other. About what all we were doing, whether studies or work. She was impressed when I told her; that I was an Accountant and had done my graduation in accounting from one of the well known institutions back in Delhi. She was a fashion designer, waiting for some good break in the showbiz. We were allured into each other’s past and present. Then, it was time to relax after peeking into the world of one another. Devika closed her eyes and I followed but I was half asleep and half awakened, just to make sure that we could talk more, whenever she woke up and I kept my head on the cushioned seat and with wide eyes looked outside, the hills. But all of a sudden her head did cling over my shoulder. I didn't resist but let it be until she realised it herself. 

Soon she woke up and we shared some warm moments of silence. Dreams were flaring upon us, as the warmth of our friendship was spreading over and I could hear her fast breathing as we transcended up the slopes. She murmured out of silence, "You know Gagan, these slopes, appear to me as a painting and the way the rural farmers make the vegetation pile up, I just get to feel their inclination and respect towards nature and the mother Earth." I agreed and replied, "It is the only work they can do here, something that gives them their livelihood." She sensed some Economist in me, who was looking at the love she described as a means of income. "Well, Gagan your perspective is of a pragmatic man, who looks at things not from the heart but mind." She said, as I agreed and blamed my nature of job for that. "Yes, I can understand. After all we are different, with our own dreams and set of thinking."  I said to myself.

To be continued..
Next in-- 
(Chapter- 2) At,
Time: 8:00 A.M. 
Date: 12/12/2014

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Love is togetherness.