On faces and disposition. 1.)

How many days have passed by, that I look at them. It's not about days now, but all over my life till today; I have found the men who guard this colony where I live, right there on time for their duty. It is night or it is day, they have worshipped their job, their work over everything else.

In the summer season, I find them sitting under the shade of the tree; and having an earthen-pot placed next to their seat, from where they can drink cold water, amidst the scorching blaze of the winds. In winters, I find them in sweaters and jackets, putting a muffler round their necks, and covering their heads; oh, how cold it gets to be. 

In the early morning at five, when I would go to the Gurudwara, they would be awake, opening the main gate for me, and with smiling faces give a lovely start to my day. In my return back home I would seldom share the Prasad with them, and it always felt so great, a feeling to be. I remember, whence in childhood; they would come to our home, to take a jug full of tea, which my father would provide for them, without fail. It felt glee and peace of my inner chords, of love and togetherness. 

There was always this connection with them, from handshaking with them, while I would return home from school, as well as while leaving for school in the morning. So much so, they would often accompany me till my bus stop in the morning, as I was a little boy. Along those memories, I have a memory of my father buying me Chocos Biscuits, before leaving for the school. I remember one day, when I was returning from my school, and being a little boy without much sense of the world, I had a two rupee coin which I presented to the guard, an old man; I thought he was in need of money. I did so, as we shook hands. He felt the coin in my hand and smiled, he put it back to my hand, and pressed it between my fingers and palm of my hand. I went back home, and realised that it was not needful to do so. I was too young, to help him; even if he was in penury or poverty. I knew, my face would be enough to bring smile to his face. 

Every time, I see them today; they are not the same men who were a decade or two back, but yes; the connection is same. Yes, their love and respect for us is the same. Even today, I see them pedalling their way back to home in the morning, as the men from the next shift come in; I feel closer to them. I know, how they don't sleep at night, so that we sleep without any fear. We know, they are there. 

Comments

  1. this one is by far your best write up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You feel so! Great! :D Cheers, mate!!
      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Love is togetherness.