Democracy!

The very basic definition of the word 'Democracy', that I had learnt in my school was that it is a form of government which is, "of the people, by the people and for the people." This definition was given by the late U.S. President Abraham Lincoln.

The thought of democracy brings me back to reflect upon the recent Vidhan Sabha elections in Delhi. The elections that changed the very notion of politics this time, with the results not only becoming the cutest surprise to the people of Delhi, but also acting their rhetoric best. With the Aam Aadmi Party(AAP) in Delhi taking away all the seats less three, there was a lot to cherish for the Delhites when their own party had formed the government. In the recent times when I would meet the auto-rickshaw wall's in Saadi Dilli, I would always be taken for a thoughtful escapade. The campaigners for the 2 year old political party were not coming in laal batty cars, but from anywhere in the heart of the city to the nooks and cranny of the city.



When I look back at the past two-three months, I can understand how the people of Delhi showed greater interest in politics than ever before in the history of Indian politics. It was showing, how people of Delhi were fed up of the breeze of corruption eating upon their bread and butter. This time the definition of democracy was given another chance in the reality. Well, I don't want to sound so much in favour of the new found love of Delhites in the AAP, but I am compelled to sound so, because the election results show that. So, does it mean the win of people alone and not of any party? Yeah, it's what the message goes out, that the public doesn't vote with closed eyes, but they are well aware of the reality of the politics of today and how it is affecting the country, and its future. Let's hope, the public's faith is addressed with honesty and transparency on which the party ideals stand. Long live democracy!

Gagandeep Singh Vaid
for Artist Address

Comments

  1. He said everyone is a CM now... So I am a CM too :-P but I need a Lal Batty Car!!!
    On a serious note, I hope he doesn't run away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Miss. C.M. :D
      Yeah, I wish the same! :p Let's see what he does in the days to come :D Excited!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)