Thailand diaries..

People of 'Thailand' sound very soft and polite at the first go. They are easy to approach and very understandable people. BANGKOK, the capital city emphasizes on the freedom of living ones life, ones own style. In addition to which it is purely up to the traveller, the way he/she wants to carry oneself.
As someone has rightly pointed, "A country is its people".
The person in a traveller has lived up by the ideals and trust of his own. Having distinguished liking's, interests and tastes, the preferences of traveller's vary. Few are lovers of night parties, clubs and pubs in greater varsity than visiting old Mansions and places of worship; they may be delighted to witness them too but here in lesser tendency. Similar counts for different traveller's, like a person here might be very close to nature, architecture and little closer to pubs. But everything is normal- it flows into you the manner you dream about it flowing into you. It is because cultures vary, they lead and play a greater part in you. What all you insist to see, you get to see in volume. A city has got a lot to offer, at first you present your order, your expectations from the new city before the itinerary develops in your mind. 
Bangkok, offered different things likely. It gave a big offer from all dimensions in abundance. To witness the royal breeze or to purchase and sell love on streets. The choice here fore places in reference to the needs and wants of the traveller who visits the new city. It is how you remember the place, identify it; "with the things you saw and the dimensions of the new city you entered". It's a part of your destiny on the basis of what you do seek. To see beyond the skies- to witness the dance of the clouds even if it doesn't happen. It is the mind's focal lens like the one of a good camera these days. It looks into the little patches and finds the treasure of love.
Similarly, I wrote something on my way back Delhi from my first overseas experience. Here is the extract of my imaginations unto the paper with a Monte Blanc pen, a replica I bought from the street market of Silom. Trust me, I see no difference between real and fake, because it doesn't appear in my sight and so I keep it with that care- knowing people are out for it and it is very costly. But I have one and from my eyes, it is real and the best. Here you go;
"You live upon the sky shore, you feel like a royal mistress or man. When the sky soothes thy imaginations while the mind is fulfilling dreams. Collecting the passages of glory in thine pocket and where your dreams make you- attire you as a "Premier" or a "King of Somewhere Land".
In me had I seen an earnest boy interested to notice the bloom and colouration of a new land, see its people and figure out the bounty in which dances the culture, livens the art. I had a dream long back, to walk in the foreign land; to know, how it was to live there. In short, I wanted to feel the different place, live it.
Although I was accompanied by my caretaker brother and had my trip fully financed by my family, still I had felt there was a lot to be happy about, and nothing to be sad on. The new city imbibed in me a will to think with an open mindset, to ring my thoughts in such a way that I got to understand the meaning of my life. What I was seeking from my life. This trip taught me the different flavours of leading life. Few people are happily adjustable with others while few people show some anger on simple issues. Few laugh the troubles away only to be left with finding out the right answers, whereas few sit upon their fears and are resistant to change. In some limits, one has to adapt to the newer place in order to relate to the place quite definitely. You take back pleasant memories and feel good, but to make the occasions worth a remembrance, you need to not over rule the traditions and cultures that exist in the hearts and minds of the people whom you visit. That is their country, their lifestyle, their respect, their emotion.
In the attractive city of Bangkok, or on the outskirts of this city. Almost wherever we went, whichever place it was for that matter. One thing really touched the hearts' core quite dramatically. To the extent of moving the thoughtful passage to a new height of personification. The people of Thailand, respect their King utmost, and this connection with the Royal Highness can stimulate in anyone's heart, the connection between the Thai people. They all love their King, and so respect his orders. Because they are well aware, that the King is a noble man, he is generous to the causes of Thai people. Few rulers can be seen as very partial, they fulfil the wishes of a specific group or their own group of people. But in the case of this new place, specifications didn't seem to exist. The King is like an amicable man with the very virtues of an Economist.
An Economist need not be centralized towards one group, for an Economist needs to look at the facts with an open eye in order to present a truer image and an honest disposition of his job. The facet of honesty that an Economist bears defines the person's sincerity towards one's profession. But coming to the point, I was talking about the present 9th King of Thailand. His Royal Highness Bhumibol Adulyadej, also known as Rama IX who is the reigning King of Thailand. Having reigned since 9 June 1946, he is the world's longest-serving current head of state and the longest-reigning monarch in Thai history. I saw this man's photograph outside every house and every market. Such kind are his deeds.
Scene 1
After reaching our hostel, Lub-D; in Silom district in Bangkok via a taxi, that was one of the colourful cabs in the city of Bangkok at midnight. We reached our hostel and slept unceasingly until the alarm rang in the morning. The hostel was a cool place to be at, with wooden work in the vicinity. From the stair cases to the book shelves placed in the entrance of the hostel rooms. I had picked up a book from that little library the night we reached there only, and my brother had picked up a thick book where Thailand was featured from the eyes of "Lonely Planet". Soon, we got ready and I had read a few pages of the book that was on friendship by Elizabeth Taylor. I liked her story telling style to start with and that marked my first lessons in Bangkok, other than the experience that I had pulled along chatting with my fellow passengers in the plane, and later talking to the airport officials regarding the visa on arrival that I had to proceed through, after getting into the new country. Learning's come from all sides, and to grab as much new stock into one's perceptions is a great deed. I was happy, thrilled to see new roads, new places, and most importantly the lifestyle of the people who appeared very different in their customs, language and their behaviour. Well, that was meant to be, as I was away from home.
I had seen a friend come out of a person who was unknown to me at the first sight but was my co-passenger. I started the interaction between the two of us, telling him about my first overseas experience and the one being alone too. It felt great to hear from him and to know that my co-passenger was a fun loving man. Then, we exchanged our views about our home country and he introduced me  to the full name of the city we were visiting. BANGKOK is the short form of the long name and in Thai language it can be spoken with certainty and correctness. I couldn't grab hold of the name at one go, even when a guide at the Royal Palace that we visited on day-2 spoke open, still it wasn't well taken. I was sitting in the middle seat of the very first row of the air-plane and on my left was my new friend, whose seat was being referred as the Alpha seat, the best seat with window to the left and leg space in a flight that flew only Economy class. The man sitting to my right was a Thai man who knew the Hindi language and was a hotelier in the city where we were travelling to. He uttered out his frustration on the law system of India. He had shown his anger when we asked if he had visited India for the first time. Whereas, in reality he had been brought up for a few years in Delhi as his grandfather lived here in a place called Faridabad, that is at some distance from Delhi. When the family shifted to Thailand and the space remained unoccupied for sometime. Then all of a sudden a news broke out that thirteen "Kabari wala's" had illegally taken up the land and were stubborn to leave it. The frustration broke into tatters when he exclaimed his remorse on those ruthless Kabari wala's for their unscrupulous act. In addition the lawyer of this old man was cheating on him, for few years while taking money from both the sides. Such, is the plight Indians hold, and adds to the disguise of those few who are responsible citizens of our Nation. The Thai man continued,  "The Thai people are not at all fond of the Indians. In their eyes, Indians come all the way far for only two things. One to show off their illiteracy of manners and the second, to buy love on streets." This had become the image of our country. "Thanks to our law and its justification. Law abiding people aren't happy to live here anymore, they are willing to seek a place in an honest land, that sadly ours isn't any more." I said to myself, referring to the Thai man's sufferings and stress.
The Thai man offered us Red hot chilli potato chips, that we at first resisted from eating because the spice could be smelled very easily from a distance, but in reply to his warm gesture, we picked one by one at random moments. It was very sweet and kind of him. We offered him a pack of potato chips that we had purchased from the Indigo flight. The Haldiram chips were good in taste and were abundant to keep our hunger in control and so we didn't ask for anything more in addition to the tea and chips. Incidentally I got to know that the Indigo airlines, being an Indian airlines didn't accept Indian currency. While getting back from Bangkok, I asked this question from the "Leading lady" of the cabin crew and she told me the directions given by the RBI, that was to accept only US Dollars and the currency of the country where the plane was beheading, or was returning from. The ambiguous thoughts had fallen to stillness on being answered. I was learning all throughout the passage of this walk and with the newer steps that I put forward in ecstasy and delight.
The moments when we didn't speak a word, something or the other kept us thinking. When the weather sounded rough outside, the captain would alight the seat belt sign and we would follow his instructions as humbly as we could. Otherwise, it was good enough to remain in our comfort zone, by putting off the fastened belts. The moments went by, eagerly and convincingly. At one point lied the destination to add to the curiosity of the journey. The other point took good hold of the fact that the journey up till then was as beautiful and charming as a flawless dream could be, immaculate like a diamond(a crystal clear diamond).
Bangkok was seen from above; down the land the eyes pressed upon. Constant look down the lightening, where the buildings added to the glitter as much as the street lights in the darkness originated a new city, a new delight to capture for a traveller. For me, it was the sight to retain in my mind for years to come and flash by. That could be childish to say, but an emotional moment when today I look within and say that I had seen a different country. I was lucky enough to step into another land and share those experiences which not all could get in India, or other parts of the world. But, luck was by my side. The imaginations make your faith appear in the reality, that's the most important thing in life, to dream.
Scene-2
Airport
We had made a touch down on the runway of the Bangkok airport and it was blend of priceless rapture and a little fear. I had to still get the visa before I could meet my brother at the airport. When I stepped out of the plane and walked upon the aero-bridge, I constantly checked my documents that included the immigration form that I had been acquainted to during the flight, my passport most essentially. Rajeev bhaiya, my co-passenger guided me through the walk way towards the exit as he had been to Thailand many a times back, and like me it wasn't his first time. Through the walk way, I looked at unfamiliar faces, it wasn't India I realized in no time. I saw the Air-hostesses of Emirates, apparelled in a beautiful clothing look like royal princess who were having their dinner all together. It appeared more like a special walk in a Royal Garden, as if I were a King or a Prince, enjoying my visit. I was a wanderer, moving about the beautifully cleansed flooring, everything appeared as bright as happiness, that sighed in my heart's valves. I received a call from home as soon as I switched my phone on. My Vodafone India, had paved it's way all over the world. I smiled and said, India isn't far back, but it charged me far abundant(money) than I could have thought.
Then visiting the immigration office, I bid a bye to Rajeev bhaiya who had already taken visa from India itself, so he didn't fill visa application form there, in order to get a visa. I met my brother at the airport and we headed straight away to Lub-D, and in this way we get back to where Scene-1 above started.
An overview (Background)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)