Thoughts of the Midnight Writer

Long time since I wrote last, but believe me - it was difficult. From losing some integral gems of my life to accepting life - it is a journey in itself. Today I sit for the first time to write in this room of my grandmother who passed away exactly three months back from today. Her memories are fresh and I miss her right now in an ocean full of anecdotes. It feels she is sitting right across smiling at me like she smiles in her last photograph with me. Thanks to my friend who had asked for my picture with my grandma. It is difficult, but that is how life comes to you in measures. It is then the time to be grateful to the Almighty for granting so many lovely moments together.

What has changed in life since she passed? I ask myself many times and get my answers. Sometimes I would pray the Almighty to relieve her of all she was going through. Couldn't see her in pain anymore, and then her suffering came to an end. She was in my arms when she breathed her last. It was in those last 10 minutes, I had realized that I wasn't going to see her again. 

Time heals for sure but teaches life's many lessons. One of them is that every day should be made special with our dear ones. Because they are the ones who truly care for our well-being. Whether they stay for a short time or longer, their blessings never fall short. I read somewhere, "just believe that your grandmother's prayers are still protecting you." So I am filled with joy that she is still taking care of me, watching over me from a different space. For the spirit of love only increases in its true worth. And I know she loved me like no one else can.

Looking back to 22nd November, when the demise of my maternal grandfather shook me. It was hard to see him going to a land unknown to the human race. In a way, I was at peace too, to see him getting rid of all tensions and worries life had made him face. A man with vigour, great spiritual faith, humanity and equilibrium; he made me accept life in its own beautiful way amongst all mazes. "Situations in life can go against us but by being calm, the adversities face defeat." This is what I shall remember him for.

In the end, I see a new beginning. I have seen my fears taking shape, I have seen them go. But in their passing away, I find an awakening to my goals even closely. And that is a personal emotion that I won't be able to share any further from here. Goodnight.

--
Gagandeep Singh Vaid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)