A promise to live by!

What was it, thought Robin. That made him feel low again and again. It was ridiculous, wasn't it? Yes, it was so.

Why would any girl keep on writing him, well; he was thinking about this. About Jenny. It was quite a time, whence she had stopped doing so, writing him back. "Everyone got busy with one's life, wasn't it so?", replied Jenny many a times, whenever he would make her realize that he expected her to talk to him and not break the flow even after doing it himself at a point of time.

She was working in a very famous bank and mostly she gave her time to her job, and when not there; she did hang out with her girl friends, and yes, Robin was a lost thought now. Because, the time she had been waiting for him to talk to her, he was busy with his life. Now, same happened too, just the people on the adjacent sides had exchanged.

"Realization is a good fact, but you should accept walking on parallel sides with it. Alright?" Another such reply from her, made him sink even deeper into loneliness. With whom, would he share his heartiest feelings, to whom he would write letters at regular intervals, the question was raised in his mind. She won't reply anymore with that grace. "Jenny had seen me doing the same. She must have been hurt." he thought.

When he had found that he had lost one friend, he felt deprived of all happiness. For, he knew that she was really caring; but after what he did, in response to her love was really annoying. He had only written her this, "Don't disturb me again and again. Don't disturb my personal life, I want space and can't share every thing with you. Don't you get this?" This response didn't really affect her, because she wrote him more often, she had understood his persona but couldn't help it. They lived in different cities, they were going through different situations in their lives, they were depressed, yet gleeful with life; but alone. But, time passed; she wrote to him in reply to which he had nothing to convey. She had expressed all her heart of a friend to him. For a moment it appeared that he read none of her letters and that he had left her all alone by herself, to feel the pangs of separation.

Two years had passed when he came back to her, yes; his letter reached back to her. He had asked, "Hey, Jenny! How are you and life?" Her reply was instant, a long paragraph describing her success and failures. That paragraph was quite long. Robin could sense that she had poured out her heart for him to know how real her feelings of true friendship were. That how much she wanted that friend of hers, whom she had loved like anything. Whom she had told all her secrets but that friend had moved far, even his letters couldn't find way towards Jenny because those were never written. That paragraph in her expression didn't end until the last word. She had forgotten that she was writing a letter, she had only wanted to say it all at once. And those lines also said this.

"My dearest friend, I never thought of you to go away from me; but even as you did so, without my prior permission, I won't complain. I would just like to tell you, that you made me strong with every time I cried in missing you. You knew that you meant to me so much, even after my constant telling you the same; how could you do it to your friend. How could you do it to Jenny? It's been two years that I have waited for your single glance at me and today it was magical that I received you, in through your words, but I soon realized, I had lost my friend midway. Not that I can say that you have changed, with the two lines I heard from you before, that you were busy. But, that time which in between remained in a state of an unknown, has just flown by. Will it ever come back to me or you? Whatever we have achieved these past two years, don't you think, it could have been better to feel had you been there for me and if I were there for you? Do meet me when you plan to visit my city. I won't disturb you all the more again, even after knowing that you are wilful to talk now, unlike before. Because you just ignored me then. Well, I would want to know those reasons of yours, but still; I would say, we have grown. Grown like strangers in the past two years."

Robin felt that shame and even then wanted to write back. Every time with apologies. She listened to him, read his letters; but replied not with the same flair and grace as she once did. Yes, she would say that the time they had seen together as friends, depending on each other was so perfect. It was a beautiful memory to cherish, but towards the end, the way he ran away was so annoying. He wrote her many letters, she replied only precisely.

One day, Robin had come to her city and according to his letter he was expecting her to meet him at the City Square at noon. Although he had felt, that she wasn't going to come. He had been ashamed of himself all the more. He was there at City Square right at the given time. She wasn't there, as far as he could see. He stayed there, at first standing with flowers in his hands to greet her; the flowers she liked. She didn't come. When he was about to leave, it was around six in the evening. When he started walking deprived of that hand of care from Jenny's side; he felt a touch, and then someone held his hand. It was Jenny.

She said, "You know, what is the special thing about you?" He moved his head in denial of the fact, almost tears in his eyes.. "You are so innocent still. So mad, that your innocence gets carried away with even stubbornness. You were so hard heartened that you didn't look back at me once in this time, knowing how I was missing you. I know you are not hard at heart, but you are always making it painful for yourself, as much as you do for me. Why? Do you ever know, I could never forget you? Because of this innocence of yours, that took away my heart and your space no one can take idiot. Ever thought about it?" She questioned and answered on knowing how he would never answer and she fully understood him, how he felt the pain of not talking to her as she did.

The time he had been waiting for her, that time she was there; but at a distance staring at him. To notice, if he had really changed but the manner he jumped every time any tonga stopped near him, to see if the person in the tonga were she, herself; in the tonga. The evening took shape towards the fall of darkness but this time wasn't darkness for the two of them. They had met in sheer brightness, understanding each other; brightness of their love for each other, and light of the friendship that was destined to be forever.

Jenny whispered in his ears, "Idiot, don't go again."
Robin replied, " It's a promise to live by, to be your closest friend. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a dream that was, and that ended.

Definitions of love~

Nobody's worth living for..! Ending. (Written by Kasak)